Posted in Food, Recipes
on Oct 15th, 2011 | 8 comments
As usual, nothing to do and a bit hungry, but I need to think of something to cook for our lunch this day. Got some shrimps at the freezer and still thinking of doing Gambas or the Shrimp Panang Curry.
Weather right now is unpredictable thats why I’m having a had time thinking of what to cook. Nah! I’m craving for somthing spicy and different. I need also to use my shrimps before it expires. So I decided to cook Panang Shrimp Curry since I have almost all of the ingredients.
Now here’s what I had – Thai Shrimp Panang Curry Recipe Ingredients:
- 250g Saragani Bay Prime Shrimp (headless shell on)
- 50g Kanokwan Panang Curry Paste
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 pack of Lasap Gata Mix (coconut milk) (mixed to 1 cup of water)
- 1 small can of mushroom cut into halves
- 1 red bell pepper sliced diagonally
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
And this is what I did – Thai Shrimp Panang Curry Recipe Procedure:
- Removed the shell and deveined the shrimps (Use the tip of a knife to cut along the backside of the shrimp and remove the vein) season it with salt and pepper for 5 mins
- Heat olive oil and saute garlic to light brown and add onions.
- Cook the shrimps with the sauteed onion and garlic till shrimp turns pink.
- Add the mushrooms and and sliced red bell peppers simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the mixture of coconut milk and simmer again for 5 minutes till you reache the desired thickness.
- Add the Panang Curry paste and mix. Simmer for another 5minutes and serve.
- Best with steamed rice or aldente pasta.
BONGGANG THAI RECIPE DIBA?