Posted in Food, Home and Living, Recipes
on Nov 15th, 2013 | 0 comments
Here’s one of my favorite recipe that Chef Miguel de Alba made during his demonstration in one of the Maya Kitchen’s monthly cooking activity that features famous chefs in the Philippines.
Chef Miguel is a son of a very well known chef and restauranter Chef Don Anastacio de Alba of Alba Ristorante de espanol here in Manila. Alba Ristorante is very known for their Spanish cuisine especially their Paellas.
Paella is a Spanish rice dish mixed with various meats cooked in a shallow pan called Paella Pan. On this recipe, Chef Miguel made an extra ordinary viand of paella. Paella that uses lamb meat and pesto.
Paella de Cordero recipe
- ¼ cup, Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp., Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp., Garlic, chopped
- 130 grams, Lamb chops, medium diced
- 30 grams, Button mushroom, sliced
- 20 grams, Bell peppers, medium diced
- 2 cups, Lamb broth
- 1 cup, Rice
- 2 Tbsp., Pesto sauce (basil, garlic, olive oil, pine nuts, Parmesan)
- To taste, Salt and pepper
- Serve with Aioli sauce (garlic mayonnaise) or mint jelly
- Heat olive oil in a paellera pan.
- Add onions, garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add lamb meat and cook halfway.
- Add mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and keep stirring.
- Blend in Pesto Sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and cover pan with foil and allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until rice is done.
- Serve with Aioli Sauce or mint jelly.
Since most of you will be using Paella pan, here’s a tip on how to clean and store Paella Pans. Click here