Posted in Food, Recipes
on Feb 3rd, 2011 | 1 comment
Do you want to learn how to cook pancit canton? Then here’s my personal recipe. I hope you find it easy to do and of course, delicious.
Pancit Canton Recipe Ingredients:
- 3/4 large head garlic minced
- 1 medium head onion minced
- 2-3 packs of 200 grams pancit canton noodles
- 1/8 kg pork, sliced to small pieces
- 6 tbsp of cooking oil
- 6 pcs large headless shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 chicken breast deboned, cooked to a boil and shredded
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 medium size carrot chipped and thinly sliced
- 1 chayote (sayote) pared, seeded and sliced
- 10 sticks of baguio beans thinly sliced
- 1/4 head cabbage sliced into strips
- 1 shrimp cube
- 2-3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Stock
- Boil the chicken breast with at least 5 cups of water and put salt and pepper. Boil for 10 minutes.
- After boiling, drain chicken breast, set aside the chicken stock and let the chicken cool.
- Shred the chicken breast using 2 forks and set aside.
How To Cook Pancit Canton:
- Saute garlic and onions in 6 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add the pork slices.
- When the pork is cooked, add the shrimps.
- When the shrimps are cooked, add the carrots.
- Stir a few seconds then the chayote (sayote) add the shredded chicken breast.
- Simmer for a minute. then add the 4 cups of chicken stock, the shrimp cube and the soy sauce.
- Let everything simmer for another 5 minutes on low fire.
- Then add the cabbage, baguio beans and the 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pancit canton noodles.
- Mix until the noodles absorb the sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Birthday Noodles Option: Just add hard boiled quail eggs.
Coming Soon: Fish Fillet on Escabetche Sauce Recipe!
BONNGANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOODLES!