Diagnosed with this kind of disease is really depressing. Meaning saying goodbye to the old happy days! But No! Living with type 2 diabetes is like facing another fun challenge to us. Having these kind of disease is more practically changing your lifestyle.
What is Type 2 Diabetes?
Type 2 Diabetes is a person having problems changing food into energy. The body makes insulin to help change sugar into energy. Type 2 diabetes usually starts with the muscle, liver, and fat cells not using sugar in the right way.The body tries to make more sugar to meet the demand, but in time, it isn’t able to make enough.
Who are prone to Type 2 Diabetes?
People over the age of 40 are more vulnerable to suffer from type 2 diabetes. Now, overweight youngsters are also prone to suffer from type 2 diabetes.
How would I know if i’m suffering with type 2 diabetes? What are some symptoms?
1. Increased thirst and frequent urination – Too much sugar builds up in your bloodstream, fluid is pulled from the tissues. This may leave you thirsty. As a result, you may drink — and urinate — more than usual..
2. Always tired – If your cells are deprived of sugar, you may become tired and irritable.
3. Always hungry- Without enough insulin to move sugar into your cells, your muscles and organs become depleted for energy. This triggers intense hunger.
4. Sudden Weight loss – Despite eating more than usual to relieve hunger, you may lose weight. Without the ability to use glucose, the body uses alternative fuels stored in muscle and fat. Calories are lost as excess glucose is released in the urine.
5. Darkened skin on folds – Some people with type 2 diabetes have patches of dark, velvety skin in the folds and creases of their bodies — usually in the armpits and neck. This condition, called acanthosis nigricans, may be a sign of insulin resistance.
6. Blurred vision – If your blood sugar is too high, fluid may be pulled from the lenses of your eyes. This may affect your ability to focus clearly.
7. Slow-healing wounds or infecions.
If you think you have these symtoms, have your blood check and immidiately see a doctor.
How do we enjoy living with Type 2 Diabetes?
A person suffering from type 2 diabetes may need to take good care of himself and enjoy by adopting the following things:
1. Healthy lifestyle – Low salt, low fat diet remeber FIT IS SEXY
2. Pro active lifestyle – Participate regularly in physical activities. It will help in increasing the body’s response to insulin. You can burn more calories, which can promote the loss of excess body fat.
3. Challenge to maintain body weight
4. Monitoring your Blood Sugar levels regularly
Sexy at Healthy ka? Mas Bongga!