Posted in Food, Recipes
on Jun 28th, 2012 | 2 comments
My creativity in cooking usually comes out when hunger suddenly strikes at home. That is because most of the time, I will no longer have the time to go out to buy ingredients in the grocery or market, so I have to do with whatever is inside my cupboard and freezer, along with what’s available in my spice rack.
A few days ago, I thought of making grilled chicken and shrimp in pesto sauce pasta and I’m sharing with you my recipe below.
Grilled Chicken and Shrimps
- 1/4 kg medium to large shrimps (shelled and deveined)
- 2 pcs chicken breast fillet sliced into strips
- Extra vigin olive oil for basting
- Salt and pepper
- Season the shelled and deveined shrimps with salt and pepper and leave for 10 minutes
- Slice the chicken breast into strips and season it with salt and pepper and for 10 minutes as well
- Heat up your grill. If you’re using a stove top griller, set the fire to low to medium heat.
- Grill the chicken strips for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Baste it with extra virgin olive oil from time to time.
- Set aside the chicken when done.
- Grill the shrimps for 3 to 5 minutes or until done.
- Baste it also with extra virgin olive oil from time to time
- Set aside the shrimps when done.
How To Make Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups of basil leaves
- 3 tbsp of roasted cashew nuts
- 7 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin oil
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and stemed the basil leaves
- Put all the ingredients in a chopping mixer bowl or blender and puree until done.
- Cook the spaghetti pasta according to the package instructions.
- Pour a small amount of pesto sauce into pasta and toss gently.
- Add a little more pesto sauce and repeat until the pasta is coated nice and evenly.
- Top with the grilled shrimps and chicken.
- Serve with parmesan cheese on the side.
You don’t have to use all the pesto sauce, just enough to coat the pasta. Put any leftover sauce in a sealed container and keep refrigerated for later use.