Posted in Food, Recipes on Dec 9th, 2012 | 0 comments
One of the easiest recipe and a Filipino favorite comfort food. The Filipino pan fried pork chop basic ingredients is salt and a little pepper. Some they just have to add calamansi during the 5 minute marination just to add a little flavor and twist.
You just have to know the step by step preparation in order to perfect the Filipino Pan-fried Pork Chop recipe.
Ingredients of Filipino Style Pan Fried Pork Chop Recipe
- 4 Pcs Pork Chops
- Salt & Pepper
- Calamansi (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup of cooking oil for deep frying
Method of Filipino Style Pan Fried Pork Chop Recipe
- Season the pork chops with enough salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with calamansi juice
- let it stand for 5-10 minutes
- heat cooking oil and fry to crispy.
- Drip oil and serve.
- Note 1: The pork chop should be fresh or if its frozen, you have to fully defrost the pork chops till it reaches the room temperature. In this manner, the pork chops can easily absorb the spices that you want to add during its marination
- Note 2: I got this trick from Chef Efren Vasquez of Cafe Juanita in his frying technique. Fry meat 2 – 3 times in order to get the exact color and texture. In this case, I fried the chops on low heat for the meat to be tender and cooked. Drip dry and cool then re-fry them again but this time, on high fire to get the right color and crispiness.