Posted in Food, Recipes
on Dec 28th, 2011 | 0 comments
It’s easy to make gravy sauce especially for roast meats like chicken, beef or pork or even hamburgers. You just have to make meat liquid stocks or set aside the roasted meat drippings to make gravy. You can make use also of instant meat stock cubes if you want.
Ingredients of Mushroom Gravy Recipe:
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup Maya All Purpose Flour
- 1 quart cold beef, chicken or vegetable stock or broth
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Procedure of the Gravy Recipe:
- In a skillet or sauce pan, melt butter on a medium fire and saute the garlic (do not roast garlic)
- Add the sliced mushrooms till done.
- Add now the meat stock or broth and adjust the taste using soy sauce, salt and pepper and simmer for a while.
- Add the flour and stir till it reaches the desired thickness.
Photo credits: Kelvin Beecroft