Posted in Food, Recipes
on Jan 17th, 2012 | 3 comments
One of my healthiest stew I ever made. I may say that this Healthy Chicken stew or Healthy Chicken Tinola can help you retain your weight as to compare to other recipes. Imagine, this chicken recipe used Chicken Breast and canola oil instead of using Chicken red meats and vegetable oil? I didn’t took off the skin because the recipe might fail.
Anyway, this recipe is very simple, all ingredients are all easy to find! In my case, I just got some of my ingredients at the backyard like the dahon ng sili and papaya. The ginger, garlic and onions are all typically can be found inside your kitchen.
Chicken Tinola Recipe:
- 5 cloves of Garlic minced
- 1 medium size Red Onion minced
- 10 pcs of Dahon ng Sili or Chili leaves
- 1 small Young Papaya peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp Ginger thinly sliced
- at least 3 pcs of Chicken Breast or any part cut into serving size
- 4 tbsp of Canola Oil
- 1 liter of Water
- 1 Chicken Cube
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce or patis
- salt and pepper to taste
Chicken Tinola Recipe cooking Procedure:
- In a pot, heat the oil in a medium fire and saute the garlic, onions and ginger.
- Add the chicken pieces and add a table spoon of ground black pepper and salt and cook it for 5 mins with occationally stiring.
- Add now the water and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the sliced papaya and and chicken cube and simmer again till cooked. Note: do not over cook the papaya.
- Turn off the fire and add the Sili leaves or the chili leaves and stir
- season them with Patis or fish sauce, pepper and salt to taste and cover them for at least 5 more mins and serve hot.
HAVE A BONGGA HEALTHY EATING TO ALL!!