Posted in Food, Recipes
on Oct 22nd, 2011 | 0 comments
Morcon is another famous food in the Philippines, perhaps, morcon is rated as a special food to pinoys because of its method of cooking. Well its kinda difficult to do and beef round it self is expensive.
It is typically serve during special days like birthdays, fiestas, Christmas. This is going to be my first time to cook morcon for me to practice for my Noche Buena this Christmas.
Beef Morcon Recipe:
- 2 lbs beef eye of round or flank steak, 3/4 inch thick in one piece
- 4 Calamansi juiced
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
- 2 Boiled eggs sliced vertically
- 1 can Sausage cut into 1/2 vertically
- 1 Carrot sliced
- Pork Fat
- Food String
Beef Morcon Sauce Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small head red onions minced
- 2 beef cube disolve to 1 cup of water
- beef marinate
- 3-5 leaves of Laurel leaves or Bay leaves
- Marinade beef to calamansi, soy sauce, pepper and oyster sauce over night.
- Put sliced hard boiled eggs, sliced carrots, sliced sausage, pork fat at the middle of the beef meat and roll.
- Tie the rolled beef meat so that it wont open
- Heat olive oil to wok and saute garlic and onions
- simmer beef morcon rolls till light brown
- add the beef marinade and simmer for at least 3 minutes
- add the cup of beef broth and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- salt and pepper to taste.
Slow cooker / crock pot
- Put everything inside the pot and set your cooker to low.
- you can add grated cheese if you want.
- Cook them in slow cooker for 8-12 hours.
- Untie the meat and serve.