Posted in Food, Recipes
on Aug 2nd, 2011 | 2 comments
This recipe is so basic, even a child can do this alone and it’s the perfect chicken adobo recipe for busy working moms.
Adobo is one of the most popular dishes in the Philippines and its basic ingredients are vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. It can be made out of chicken, pork or seafood or you can combine chicken and pork as well for your adobo.
Here’s my version of Basic Chicken Adobo Recipe:
- 1/2 kilo of chicken cut into serving size
- 1 tbsp of pepper corns
- 4 cloves of pitted garlic
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 large potato peeled and cubed
- First you have to defrost and wash your chicken meat and set aside
- In a bowl, mix vinegar, soy sauce, pepper corns and the pitted garlic.
- Put the chicken on the bowl of the marinade mix and leave it for at least 5 minutes
- Heat the pan and put the chicken meat together with the marinade, cover and simmer for 15 minutes on very low fire. Note: the reason for using low fire is to get rid of the blood from the chicken and for the chicken to release its fatty oil.
- When meat is already cooked and the chicken oil is already out, add the cubed potatoes and bay leaves. Cover again and simmer again for 10 minutes on a medium fire until done.
- Serve with hot plain rice.
BONGGANG KAIN NA!!!